Hence, here is how tqh reorders his build:
- First up, if you have added anything to your bootscripts for Firefox/Seamonkey or other remove it.
- Make a backup of you Firefox dir, this *is* still untested by enough people.
- In your Firefox directory create a 'lib' and a 'add-ons' directory.
- Move libmozjs.so, libnss3.so, libsmime3.so, libsoftokn3.so, libssl3.so, libxpcom.so, libxpcom_compat.so and libxpcom_core.so to the 'lib' directory. If there is any *.stub of these files remove them.
- Move libfreebl3.so, libnssckbi.so and libxpistub.so to the 'add-ons' directory. If there is any *.stub of these files remove them.
- Move libnspr4.so, libplc4.so, libplds4.so to /boot/home/config/lib. This will install them as system-wide libs. Making them easy to be replaced (with for instance better ones). If you do this you should remove these from other installs of Firefox or such. They could also be moved to the 'lib' directory in you Firefox directory if you just want to use them for that specific app. If there is any *.stub of these files remove them.
- Rename firefox-bin to Firefox, and use it to launch from now on. Other files, not dirs, in the Firefox directory can be removed if you like.
- If Firefox doesn't launch, but shows no error-msg, one of the following usually helps:
- doing 'mimeset -f Firefox from a terminal.
- removing the compreg.dat file in your profile
Remember that this is still experimental, and as it's never tested with Seamonkey and Thunderbird won't be changed in the build-scripts anytime soon. Also if you run out of addon-memory please let me know.